Achenbach Buschhütten is a family-run and owned company with more than 560 years of history. The company was founded as an iron hammer in 1452 by the three Busch brothers. After being sold to the family of Engelhard Achenbach in 1846 and demolition of the iron hammer, the company turned into an iron foundry. Rolling mill building started in 1888.
Today, Achenbach is a strong brandname in the market of OPTIMILL® rolling mill machinery for non-ferrous metals and for OPTIFOIL® slitting and winding machines for non-ferrous metals and converting materials.
The Achenbach OPTIROLL® rolling mill automation ist also re-known worldwide. OPTIROLL plays an important role within many modernization projects of existing and Achenbach installations. Furthermore, hardware components such as flatness measuring rolls are used not only in aluminium rolling mills but also increasingly in copper, steel and stainless steel rolling mills.
Achenbach machinery are producing rolled and slitted products in the aluminum as well as in the copper and brass industry in more than 60 countries all over the world; the export ratio is higher than 85%.
- Aluminum rolling mills for hot strip, cold strip, thin strip and foil
- Copper and brass rolling mills for hot strip, cold strip, thin strip and foil
- Magnesium rolling mills
- Aluminum foil doublers and separators
- Slitting machines for non-ferrous metal foils as well as for converting materials
- Process and media systems for rolling oil micro-filtration, exhaust air purification and rolling oil rectification
- Rolling mill automation
- Flatness measuring rolls for aluminum, copper and brass, steel and stainless steel rolling mills
- Integrated production plants for non-ferrous metal rolled and slitted products
- Modernization of rolling mills and slitting machines
- Service & Support for Achenbach and third-party machines