IHI invented new technology using acetylene gas and established the patents in 1996. The efficient use of acetylene gas under a pressure of less than 3mbar can only be demonstrated legally in IHI installations.
The new Vacuum Carburizing technology has various advantages of high-quality carburizing, good reproducibility and clean working environment as described below:
1) High precision control of carbon transfer and case depth.
2) Clean surface and no grain boundary oxidation.
3) Good uniform carburizing capability for narrow gap/aperture and deep blind hole.
Carburizing Cost Reduction
1) Great reduction of the process time under higher carburizing temperature.
2) Warming-up expense reduced.
3) No carburizing gas feeding in heating, soaking, diffusion and quench.
4) Low energy consumption.
1) Quick start-up without seasoning time.
2) Easy maintenance.
3) Patented technology allows for easy operation for cases at any depth and any carbon transfer.
4) Automatic and unmanned operation.
Environmentally-Friendly and Safe
1) No smoke and no fire.
2) Zero CO¬2 emission.
Vacuum Degreaser HWV-V
Cleaning with IHIs vacuum degreaser provides the best conditions for a uniform carburizing process for plasma and gas nitriding and other treatments.
The main advantages of these installations are:
• Cleaning effect comparable or better than solvent-based cleaning
• No emission problems integrated distillery and separation of oil-contamination.
• Less preventive maintenance
• Low infrastructure cost
• Bright and shiny surfaces after treatment, cleans deep holes and gaps
• Dipping, spraying, steam cleaning and drying in the same installation.