The RTW is a semi-automatic laser marking machine in which the parts are manually laid down onto fixtures. It features a rotary table that allows the laser marking machine to apply traceability as another part is being loaded & unloaded by an operator.
An operator positions a part on the RTW fixture and launches the machine. The table rotates 180° and the laser marking proceeds. As the first part is being marked, the operator loads a second part on the rotary table. The operator manually triggers the next rotation, removes the marked part and the cycle starts over again.
The machine can apply a laser marked label on various parts simply by changing fixtures.
This laser machine is well-adapted in situations where:
- The marking can be done at the end of the production process
- Equipment is used to mark on various parts with minimal setup time
- Traceability has to withstand post-process treatment such as shotblasting
- Operators are required to perform other tasks while laser marking occurs
- The laser marking units need to be moved on the production floor
- Code validation is required in the marking station
- Equipment is required to be compliant with Class 1 laser safety standards